Thursday, December 23, 2010

Clear Sentences in the Service of Physics


Here I pose with Dr. David Kielpinski, a young “old” friend from University of Chicago days. David was an MIT post-doc and is now a physics researcher at Griffith University in Brisbane.  He and his colleagues wrote “Imaging trapped ions with a micro-fabricated lens for quantum information processing,” recently accepted for publication in Nature Letters
Editing the paper for clarity, I used the techniques that you can learn in my WriteWell classes.  David and his colleagues were pleased, and they look forward to my help on future papers. 
If you know me, you know that I am as ignorant of quantum physics as a ladybug is of Chinese calligraphy.  But clear sentences always follow the same rules.

1 comment:

steves said...

Quantum Physics today, tomorrow the world! Congratulations Rosemary! Happy Holidays!
Steve Stallard